quinta-feira, 27 de janeiro de 2011

Carmen Sandiego

 'Carmen Sandiego' games coming to Facebook. In other news, productivity projected to hit all-time low.



My first memory of Oregon Trail is getting 30 minutes into my first game when I was about 8 years old and finding out my best friend had died of dysentery. Curious, I looked the word up in the Google book encyclopedia. Thank you, Oregon Trail, for the childhood scar. Still, every moment after that was a happy one, so I’m psyched that Oregon Trail is coming to Facebook Feb. 2. And as a further blow to any form of productive activity in my life, Carmen Sandiego will also make its Facebook debut on Feb. 9.
The games are being brought to Facebook by Blue Fang Games and The Learning Company, according to Blue Fang analyst Darius Kazemi, who wrote about the games’ return on his blog (via Huff Po).
The trailers for the games are below, and are likely to bring a tiny tear to your eye if you, like I, were one of those kids who zoomed through their computer exercises for a chance to play these in elementary school. Trail has been available through iPhone for a while, but there’s something exciting about adding the social networking aspect to the game. I have a feeling I’m going to get competitive seeing other people’s scores in my news feed. I used to get livid when my high score was bumped off the shared computer, so this might get ugly. In fact, I’ll probably put off playing them as long as I can, for fear I’ll have to detox like I did when I become engrossed with Farmville and Restaurant City.




   

Nenhum comentário: